Sunday, September 26, 2010

It only took twenty five years



I finally got my puppy! And she is my very first puppy. Sure we had a family dog growing up, lovable Benson, who we had for a good long time. Then while in high school my mom got her dog, Maggie, a Chihuahua who she still has. And then there is miss Faye, the daughter of Maggie we kept, who also lives with my parents, even though my mom has threatened to leave her with me on occassion.

But for the first time I have a dog. Now my husband has his, Havoc, who is five, and if you met him you eould agree he's the smartest dog you have ever met (unless of coarse you have met Lassie or some other canine star). But now we have Remington, aka Remy. We adopted her from a no kill puppy rescue, which you can check out at coloradopuppy.org We drove over an hour downtown and waited our turn patiently in line to meet and decide she was perfect for us. I can not put into words how happy I am to have her, and can not wait until we can start having adventures together.

1 comment: